boy in a dryer

An 11-year-old boy gets the scare of his life, seeking shelter from a tornado in a dryer.
Austin Miller's mother called him from work as storms swept through the town of Lenox in Iowa, telling him to take shelter. The home doesn't have a basement."I said, 'Get in the laundry room.' There is not a basement and I said, 'Just get in the laundry room,' and he said 'Why mommy?' and I said, "Just get in laundry room.' And then the sirens went off," said Jessica Miller. As she tried desperately to get home, two twisters whipped debris into a blinding mess on local streets."(Austin) said, "Mommy there's glass breaking, it's loud crackling. It's loud and I think the house is going,'" Jessica Miller said. "I mean I was like two blocks away. I could not get here. It was the worst feeling, I can't even explain."While she was on the phone with Austin, the wind tore the home's roof away and rain pounded inside. With debris flying through the air, Austin took shelter in the only place he could."He was just like, "Mommy I'm so scared, I'm so scared," and he ended up getting in the dryer," Jessica Miller said. A short time later, Jessica ran through the front door yelling her son's name. She said he popped right out of the laundry room uninjured -- amazing given the damage the storms caused."I think he's a very smart boy," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment